COVID-19 update. As a valued Brisbane Lashes client, I’d like to personally update you on the COVID-19 situation, and the precautions we’re currently taking to provide a safe and hygienic environment for our clients and staff. After being closed for almost 2 months, the QLD Government has officially given Beauty Salons (including lash & brow services) the all-clear to recommence trading from Saturday May 16th!
Note: Due to the dynamic changing nature of the government guidelines being issued, we are actively monitoring the Australian Government websites for updates to ensure that we follow the latest advice and will update this page accordingly.
Whilst salon hygiene has always been extremely important to us, I wanted to take this opportunity to update all clients as to what health and safety practices are in place at Brisbane Lashes.
• All eyelash extension tools such as tweezers are properly cleaned after every appointment which involves scrubbing in warm soapy water, followed by soaking in hospital grade disinfectant for the appropriate time, rinsed, dried and wiped with an alcohol swab right before next use.
• All Lash Stylists wear N95 approved face masks during every appointment. If you would like to wear a mask during your appointment, please ask us upon arrival.
• All equipment used by our Stylists such as lights, stools, etc is cleaned using alcohol wipes after every appointment. (Extra time has been added in between bookings to allow for this)
• All staff have been trained to use hand sanitiser regularly.
• In addition to wearing protective gloves during each appointment, our Stylists are trained to thoroughly wash their hands immediately prior and after your service.
• Full-length disposable bed roll covers are used on every bed and are changed after every client.
• No blankets will be used so please ensure you dress warm enough (we have disposable blankets available at a small additional cost if required)
• High traffic areas such as front door, reception desk and waiting area are being sanitised frequently throughout the day.
• We will now be asking every client upon arrival to wash their hands, face and eyelashes at our provided sink prior to commencing their appointment.
• We run a High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filter 24/7 in the salon which performs similarly to those used to keep the air clean in hospital operating rooms. Our InovaAir air purifier has Certified medical-grade HEPA filtration 99.97% @ 0.3 microns -tested down to 0.003 microns at 100% efficiency.
To help ensure the health & safety of all clients and staff some adjustments have been made to our salon policies and procedures, please take a moment to review them below.
• Sanitise your hands using the provided hand sanitiser before you proceed to the counter to check-in.
• Maintain social distance of 1.5m at all times while in the salon.
• We will ask you to complete a new client form to ensure that all of your details are up to date.
• No friends or family members are permitted to attend with you, due to social distancing requirements.
• You will be directed to wash your hands and eyes at the basin before your treatment.
• Prepayment in full is required for all services to minimise contact and reduce congestion at reception
• Unfortunately at this time, we can no longer accept any cash payment
We kindly ask for everyone’s safety if you are feeling unwell or experiencing any cold or flu symptoms, please do not enter our salon. You can phone, text or email us and we will happily reschedule your appointment.
Please note, we reserve the right to refuse service to clients who appear unwell or do not adhere to our salon policies and procedures. If you have tested positive for COVID-19 please advise us asap so that we can take appropriate action. All disclosures will be in strictest confidence.
Lastly, whilst some of the COVID-19 measures we have taken may be considered extreme, they are in place for a reason… because the health and safety of our clients and employees is our top priority.
Thank you for your understanding.